SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Friday, September 12, 2008

Whimseys Writings And Thoughts

And so I will begin, perhaps for you or perhaps just for me. This will be a place for me to communicate with you and myself. My journey has been my own, not so different from many. Perhaps with more sadness at times, but also with great joy. I have met many people who have changed my life, enriched my life, each one a small piece of what I am today. My writing is my joy and at least here I can bring my daily thoughts, hopes dreams, griefs, adventures (as dull as they sometimes are) to a holding spot. A mosaic, if you will, to draw from for future writings that might become published.......in my wildest dreams. I hope you will visit often, my family and friends.....I'll be here thinking of you....and writing.

2 comments:

Debbie K said...

You have a very special gift of writing Miss Peggy and you need to share your talents, so a blog is a great way to start. I would love to hear your thoughts and read about your experiences so count me in as a faithful blog reader!!!

I love you and miss you - and am looking forward to your whimsical writings!!!!!!

Love, Debbie K (San Antonio)

Laurieb said...

Hello, Peggy!! I was just asking Debi if she had heard from you the other day! It's great hearing from you and you can count me in too as a faithful reader! You write so eloquently (did I even spell that right?) and I can't wait to follow your blog! Thanks for inviting me! Miss you!