SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Thursday, November 27, 2008

FOR ALL I HAVE....I AM THANKFUL

To all my friends and family and anyone else who might stumble across this blog....may you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. May you know that you are exactly where you are meant to be right now and that even if you don't think you have much, you really have soooo much. There is someone out there in much greater need than you are. Even with all the craziness going on these days....Life is good. When you sit down to whatever is your traditional (or new) Thanksgiving meal, take a few moments to think about the ones who can only dream about what is on your plate. When you pass by the oven or the heater vent or the fireplace and feel the warmth today (or if you're in the south and you have the air conditioning on)....think about the ones who long to even have a roof over their heads. At least for today, don't grumble, be happy, smile and enjoy the people around you. And remember that way up here in Maine, someone is thinking about you.

To Mother, Daddy, Shelley, Earl, Lisa, Brian, Ashley, Matt...... Melissa, Jimmy, Ryan, Matt, Ashley...... Michelle, Zach, Mitchell..... Gene and Marie..... JoAnn......Paul, Carol, Kathy and her family, Jeff, Suzanne......all my extended family and friend..... and most especially to John....I love you and I am thankful you are a part of my life.

Have a beautiful day!

"Take Time To Be Thankful"

No comments: