SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Thursday, October 21, 2010

RECIPE FOR A DELICIOUS AUTUMN IN MAINE












I don't know if it was that we got just the right amount of rain earlier in the year   Maine fall foliage gold leaf 4 (13k)

or if the temperature was just right or that we are just some of the luckiest people in the United States right now.....but the fall foliage this year is just absolutely breathtaking, spectacular, almost beyond words.

New England Fall Foliage - Red Fall Leaf
As I was driving home last night, and being the lover of cooking that I am, the thought popped into my mind that all of the trees look like God had these big seasoning bottles from up above and sprinkled cinnamon, cayenne pepper and dry ground mustard all over the trees.  The burning bushes are the most brilliant candy apple red I've ever seen.

The mixture of colors makes the artist in me salivate with eagerness to get my watercolors out! 

I figure if we threw in some apples and sugar, and added  nice flaky crust over Maine....we'd  have a yummy warm autumn pie that was spicy, sweet, exotic and just about perfect.  If you don't live here....I'm sorry you're going to miss it.  I hope you have a beautiful autumn where ever you are.   It's no wonder this beautiful time of year leads right into the blessed time to be thankful.     
                                                                                     
Maine fall foliage maple leaf 2 (12k)
                                               
"Just before the death of flowers,
And before they are buried in snow,               
There comes a festival season
When nature is all aglow."
Author Unknown



1 comment:

Rita Arens said...

This is a reminder to write again, young lady. :)