SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Time has flown - my world is new - where are you?

Time has really flown since my last posting....shame on me!
My world is new and I have so much to tell you....and that WILL come in time!
Where are you?...is probably what you're wondering about me!   :)

Well I'm here and busier than a spider trying to get out of a plate of molasses....think about it....all those little legs stuck in that gooey sweet syrup, trying to pull one leg out as the others sink farther in, taking one step forward and seven steps back, going around in circles.....yep that's me.  But we'll get there.  We'll get all the boxes unpacked and the furniture arranged and we'll find a place for everything....but for right now I'm busy..and loving my new adventure called "retirement".....I'll be thrilled when the actual "retirement" part starts!  Although I must admit we've spent more afternoons at the pool in the last two weeks then we have in the past 10 years!

I really do have a tale to write, but for now I thought I would write a short post so that those of you that follow me will know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

And speaking of following me...I've added a new "gadget" to my blog that you can click on if you'd like so that I know you are following me....I'd love it if you'd do that.

I guess you might say that tomorrow is my official 'retirement' day because tomorrow would be when I would report back to my job at the school but the commute would be a tad bit long...give or take 2100 miles!  So I guess tomorrow, it's official.

No matter where you are today, I hope have a good day.

I'll be back here soon and I hope you will be too....or as we like to say down here.....

Y'all come back now ya' hear...........Cute shoes....tell your momma Hi!

1 comment:

Bonnie Smith said...

Welcome back...it feels good, doesn't it? Can't wait to hear all about it.