SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yes I know!

Yes I know it's been a while since I wrote anything. Time just seems to be swirling past me with no concern that I have a cadrillion things to do. But alas, it does. And even this morning I have but just a few minutes (literally). So I thought I'd try to grab those few minutes which is like trying to capture a butterfly with a fishing net....and let everyone know I was still here and still trying to find time to write. Tonight is my writing workshop so I'll have at least 3 hours to write and share my writing with the class......perhaps tonight's writing will be here tomorrow. Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at your class.. and have a great day!!

Bonnie Smith said...

You make me wish I'd signed up for class again. How I enjoyed those evenings this spring, the prompts, the deadline of one hour, the variety of themes. Best of all, it brought you and your writing into my world.

Keep writing and sharing your thoughts with us.