SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

.....know true love ways

Today is a special day. Today is the 61st anniversary of the marriage of my parents. If you look up love in the dictionary you would find their picture. For you see, they have found a way to give and take, together-- to agree and disagree, together-- to laugh and cry, together-- to give each other their own space and yet yearn to be ever close to each other.

They have found a place in this world that works for them, together. He’s 85 and she’ll be 84 in January and yet they still look at each other the same way they looked at each other the day I was born…..almost 60 years ago.

They have something very rare….they have the love of the “love birds” who find each other and mate for life. They are two individuals, sharing one heart….knowing that the most important truth they’ve ever known is each other…

There is a song that says:

Look at this face,I know the years are showing.
Look at this life,I still don't know where it's going
So many questions still left unanswered.

So much I've never broken through.

And when I feel you near me,
Sometimes I see so clearly.
The only truth I've ever known
Is me and you.

I don't know much,
but I know I love you.
And that may be all I need to know.

I love you Mom and Dad….Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Susan Moorhead said...

That is so romantic and so beautiful. Congratulations to your parents - and lucky you for having them.

Bonnie Smith said...

Aren't we fortunate to come from such people? People who know love and dare to feel it, reveal it and marvel in it! Joy is always around us, we simply have to stop long enough to find it.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.