SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Friday, October 17, 2008

Like a beacon from heaven---HOW 'BOUT THEM SOX

The moon was shining into my window this morning, like a beacon from heaven....a night light into my soul.

It's Friday, the sun is shining, the Boston Red Sox won last night in the last few minutes of the game (which has people hooting and hollering around here).....and me being from Texas....will give a quiet smile understanding their excitement....it's kind of like (years ago) when I was a dyed-in-the-wool "Dallas Cowboy" fan--never missed a game--ever! But things and interest change....now I'm not much into sports--couldn't tell you who the quarter back is for the Cowboys or for the New England Patriots for that matter....or who the players are for the Red Sox (....I know, I know...look ashamed!)John comes home tomorrow....so life is great! Have a beautiful day! I'll be thinking of you!

No comments: