SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Sunday, March 15, 2009

IT'S TRUE...IT'S TRUE....SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens

Oh glorious day! It was simply beautiful today, not a cloud in the sky, sun shining with wonderful warmth......a feeling of renewal that we've waited for all winter. We got outside and hooked up the hose and washed our cars. We wondered to ourselves and outloud where everyone was on such a breath-taking day. It was much too pretty a day to be all cooped up inside....there will still be days for that in the next few weeks. But we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is sunshine and it is pretty flowers and bushes and trees opening their eyes and stretching to the light after a long long winter's sleep. On a day like today you know what faith is, especially in Maine.

I think Mr. Fleischman should have ended his little verse with "Maine" instead of Cleveland:

You can't see Canada across lake Erie, but you know it's there.
It's the same with spring. You have to have faith, especially in Cleveland. ~Paul Fleischman

I hope you got outside today and enjoyed the day!

No comments: