SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Friday, April 1, 2011

APRIL FOOLS????

Can it really be?  That what yesterday was beautiful grass (albeit still on the brown side) and tiny sprouts of flowers poking their heads through the still cold ground, this morning be covered in a fresh blanket of snow?  Oh yes it can!  It's Maine! School will go yet another day longer because there's no school today.  Oh well, guess I'll have time to read Already Home by Susan Mallery.  I just finished reading The Postmistress by Sara Blake.  What a wonderful wonderful book.  There are so many talented writers out there.  I could stand to have a year of snow days....but then they'd have to pry my skinny butt from the recliner or my frail feet off the treadmill because I feel like I could read for a year and not do anything else (save take a bath and drink some water).  If you're in New England and it's snowing....don't think about the extra day it's adding to the end of the school year....just enjoy it and read. If you live in the south and it's going to be 80 degrees today.....please don't tell me...that would just be mean!

No comments: