SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Sunday, February 12, 2012

BAD GIRL X3

I am a bad bad bad girl (bad girl times 3)!

I missed 3 days in my promise to write something everyday for 30 days.  Dang.  It feels like missing exercise and weight training for 3 days.....Never regret when I do it. Always regret when I don't.

Went to the San Antonio Livestock Show and Rodeo this weekend....wow it's been years since I went to a rodeo.  Not much has changed in the Livestock Show part....but so much has changed on the grounds.  They've turned the Joe Freeman Colisseum into a 2 floor shopping center....booth after booth after booth of outrageously priced baubles and bangles, clothes, hats, belts, trinkets, souveniers.  You name it they had it and tons of new eating places in the food court....of food definitely not on my list of "you can eat these"!!! :)

I'm still shaking my head at the battering the bronco and bull riders take...OMG!  I can't imagine how they do that over and over again.  There's not enough money in the world to ever get me to even think about doing that...even if I was 20.  And did you ever notice that there are never any (or at least not that I've seen) girls doing those events....hmmmmm...let's think about that!

Then Keith Urben was the entertainer....now I like Keith, but really seriously the music was so loud you couldn't understand a word he was singing...and my head was splitting...needless to say we did not stay for the whole show.  (Maybe I'm just getting old because the 3 young girls sitting next to us sang along with every song, could not sit still and literally I think were about to pee their pants everytime the stage turned around and put him in front of us....their squeals were as loud as the music) (Oh to be that young!)  :)

Well this is going to be short, I've been to the gym and have chicken baking in the oven....so time to get cleaned up and finish preparing dinner......and then let's see is tonight "The Voice"???  If not then it's a Farkle tournament with John....let the games begin! :)

Take care and I'll see you back here tomorrow......PROMISE!!!

Here's my new found thought for the day:
  I've decided to be happy because it's good for my health!

No comments: