SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Retirement Pleasures --- Life is good!

It's true, it's true, it's true....what they say about retirement.  You wonder how you ever had time to work.

Today our day just flew by.  We had someone come over from the computer club here in our community from 9:00 - 11:30 to work with John on his sick PC, I went to my Lighten Up for Life Program from 9:30 - 11:30, John went to the gym and I had two fitness classes this afternoon....then we rushed home and got ready to go to our country swing dance lessons this evening.

We could stay that busy and busier every single day because there is so much to do in this retirement community.....but we've tried to limit ourselves or else we'd meet ourselves coming and going.

I'm trying to find some balance...so that I'm not exercising 2-3 times a day....or every single day for that matter.  The speaker today at our meeting told us that "being fit is not just about eating the proper food and exercising....you have to be balanced in mind, body and spirit. 

This writing in my blog is part of my trying to find that balance. Writing brings me joy and quiets my soul, it makes my mind work and gives me hope.  I used to say that writing was the best diet I could ever be on because when I write I lose all track of time and never even think about food.  Somehow though I got so wrapped up in this losing weight program and exercise, that I lost track of time and never thought about writing.

So now I'm going to try to combine the two....the excitement of losing weight and the joy of writing  and see if I can't wrap them together.  Perhaps the new person I've become (or the old person that was hiding inside and is now out) can create some new characters, some new thoughts, some new stories and double my pleasure in this new era of my life.........

Being retired is good. Being fit is good.  Giving myself time to write is good...... LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments: