SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sometimes good intentions need a push......

OK.  Day 1 of my commitment to write something in my blog for at least 30 days.  I've been thinking about it all day and for some reason putting it off.  But it's getting close to my bed time so it's time for the putting off to end and the pushing to begin.  Isn't that what it's like for most things that are important.  Right now I can relate it to weight loss and getting fit.  I finally reached the point in my life when it was time to end the putting off and the time to change my mind set, see the reality of how dangerous it was to be overweight and unfit and to start the push to change my life once and for all. 

I've worked really hard....started counting calories, eating healthier, making a commitment to make this a lifelong change and exercising.....lots of exercising.  I've been at it about 7 months and I am truly addicted.  I even had a T-shirt made that says "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FIT AND HEALTHY FEEL!"

I truly believe that. It's taken time, but I no longer crave twizzlers (sorry Stacey).  I just can't get over the fact that one (1)....as in uno, as in not two or three...but one twizzler is 53 calories....and beleive me friends I could eat 10 or 12 at a sitting (AND that was just a snack during the day while I was working)...can you do the math!!!???  530 - 636 calories!!! That's almost 1/2 of what I should be eating to lose and keep the weight off to be healthy.  I don't even like to think about how many calories I was eating in a day.  But then I don't have to think about it because I know what I looked like and I know what I weighed.

But "Fitness is a life-long journey....not a 12 week sprint".  I truly believe you have to be determined, dedicated and committed.  No one can do it for you.  You're the only one who can make yourself healthy and fit.  Getting a trainer helps (a lot), eating the right food and the right portions helps (a lot), exercising and burning calories helps (a lot)....but it all begins and has to continue to be a mind set change.  You have to "See the YOU you want to be".  You have to believe.  You have to start with the face in the mirror and know that "You can't cross the ocean until you are ready to lose sight of the shore".  You have to make a decision to change your life and believe you can acheive your goals.

I know you've heard this before....but I'm here to tell you..."If I can do it anyone can do it".  I am "Far from what I once was--But not yet what I'm going to be".

My goal is to die of old age not from being unhealthy and unfit.  I want to be able to be exercising and going to the gym in my 90's!

Like our old friend Nike says "JUST DO IT"

I'm big into slogan T-shirts and I'm getting the words in red (that I've found on other websites) on T-shirt to inspire myself and others. 

OK....time to get off my weightloss soap box.........time to quit putting off taking my nightly shower and time to be pushing myself toward the bed..........got a weigh-in tomorrow and plenty of sleep is important.

No comments: