SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Monday, February 6, 2012

DON'T PAY THE RANSOM I'VE ESCAPED!

My beloved mentioned last week that he'd pulled up this blog and I hadn't written anything since last August.....and that's sad but true.

I've been a tad busy trying to get settled into our new home in Texas, but mostly trying to get back in shape, fit and healthy!  It's been a fun and, at the same time, grueling adventure--that knock on wood so far is going extremely well.  I'll talk more about that a little later.

This is just a short note to get in the blog groove again and to let anyone who still follows my blog know that I'm alive and well.

I'm going to try what a blogger friend of mine did last year and that is to make a commitment to write something in my blog for at least the next 30 days.  I've had this dream for a long time to write a novel and I've gotten away from that too....so I need to bring that back into my picture.

Retirement is in one word "FABULOUS".   We love it and we're glad we moved to Texas.  More often than not with the beautiful temperature we look at each other and say  "Another day in paradise"...

See you back here tomorrow....Hold me to it! :)

No comments: