SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sending you to my other blog temporarily

I know I haven't written on this blog much lately and I guess I have a good enough excuse....I've been busy writing on my other blog  www.fitat99.blogspot.com ....actually keeping a journal of sorts on that blog about my latest diagnosis with breast cancer.  Yeh it stinks that I have to go through this again. You'd think that when you go through it once, you wouldn't have to do it again.  And 11 years cancer free has definitely given me a false sense of security.  But there you have it.  It is what it is.  I'm trying to patiently wait till my surgery date which is November 15th, 3 days after my 65th birthday.  I've already had the biopsy and they think they got most of it, but now they have to do margins and 3 lymph nodes.  So if you've been faithful to this blog and wondered why I haven't written, that's why.  I will try to get back here....especially to write things that don't pertain to my breast cancer.  In the mean time if you'd like to follow my second journey down this path that God has laid in front of me, then please follow me at www.fitat99.blogspot.com

That blog was originally set up as a motivational blog for everyone fighting the weight battle, but mostly for people over 50 who are trying like me to get fit and healthy and to be fit at 99.

So I'll see you over there...

And remember....At any given moment you have the power to say:
                            This is not how the story is going to end

Or as Katy Perry says....YOU'RE GOING TO HEAR ME ROAR!

No comments: