SUNDRY THOUGHTS AND WORDS....

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

- Unknown



To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
© 2010-2014 (Whimseys, Writings and Thoughts) All Rights Reserved

Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 7th.....Time to rest and time for Pansies

So I didn't think I'd be back over here writing, but I'm just taking day 2 of being, not lazy, but kind to myself.  For the last two days, I've just been taking it easy.  I've got a dang fall cold and I have to get rid of it so I don't have to cancel my breast cancer surgery scheduled for November 15th.  It's been so long since I had a cold, it's really a pain in the patooty!  I was trying to fight it off with exercise and sweating....you know kind of like this poster says:A good & sweaty workout will always do a body good! #exercise #fitness

But in some strange way, my body was telling me to cool it for a while....so yesterday, I barely got out of my PJs and today I was feeling better, but decided to take another day and just kind of veg out. I did get up, give my face a beauty treatment scrub and put some makeup on.  At least today I don't sound like I've got gravel in my throat.  So I guess I'm heading in the right direction.  I haven't been out, but it looks like a perfect day to take a walk.  It is a beautiful day, just cool enough to remind you that we are officially into fall--no doubt about it, but warm enough to make you want to get out and prune all your plants--maybe plant some pansies.Happy little faces | best from pinterestI just love those happy little faces and down here (in South central Texas) they bloom pretty much through the whole winter and they come in such a variety of colorspansies .....but today that's not going to happen, cause my body wants to heal, my body wants to rest, my body is on a mini vacation ...although I did do some exercises a little while ago....wall squats, BOSU ball balance on one leg, stability ball crunches, squats, and bicep curls. 

I think it must sound like I am rambling, but that's kind of how I feel today....just all over the place.  I don't truly like to just let my body rest.  I like being outdoors and I like exercising and I like having a project to work on..........and I have tons I could be working on.....but I just can't seem to concentrate.

I have a million things going through my mind, a dear friend who's husband is losing his battle with an illness, the loneliness of my mom since my dad passed, a Christmas gift I need to finish up, cleaning I need to do, what to have for dinner, hoping this dang cancer stays put until they get the margins out and tell me they are all clean....hoping this cold goes away and my body is ready for the treatment it must endure....where my friends Marsha Weaver and Suzy Potts are (I lost them a long time ago and never have been able to track them down), thinking of all the people in Maine I had hoped to see in November (until this unwelcomed visitor came to call) and I had to cancel our trip, trying to remember how blessed I am and how thankful I need to be............those things and about three dozen more.  It's just one of those days....I think I'll go fix me a cup of tea, curl up in a chair in the sun room for a bit and think of you........

No comments: